Belize Bird Watching Vacations
Snuggled between the rainforested foothills of the Maya Mountains in the Macal River Valley, Chaa Creek is the perfect destination for fun filled adventures!
Our private 365-acre reserve is always abuzz with the reverberating sounds of a tropical forest concerto. A fly-past of squadrons of brilliantly colored parrots, the distance hoot of a Blue-crowned Mot-Mot and the fragrance of frangipani blossoms welcomes you to a new world steeped in Mayan history, and surrounded by nature’s bounty.
During the nesting months of April and May, avian activity heats up, as more than 300 species of raucous birds compete for space with the new blooms of multihued flora to begin the fascinating task of building their nests within the reserve.
This lively time of the year offers both the expert and casual bird watcher, an exciting opportunity to view toucans, trogons, humming birds, parrots and numerous other baby fledglings as they hatch from their eggs to become the newest residents of the Belizean rainforests.
During the nesting months, Chaa Creek will be offering a five-night/six-day Birding Expedition Package.
The guided expedition consists of:
- Five nights accommodation at the award winning Lodge at Chaa Creek,
- Airport Transfers & fully guided tours and activities
- All Meals & on-site activities including tours of the Natural History Centre, Butterfly Farm and Belize Rainforest Medicine Trail
- An Early Morning Birdwatching Expedition to Laguna Aguacate
- Full Day Birding excursion to the Mountain Pine Ridge,
- Full day Birding and Archaeological tours of the ancient Maya temple cities of Caracol and Tikal
- Birding Tour of the ancient Maya agricultural centre of El Pilar, and a
- Birding Canoe Trip on the Macal River.
U.S. $1,280.00 per person based on four people (double occupancy accommodation).
These special Bird Watching Vacation itineraries will be offered on four dates only in 2010: April 17th & April 24th, May 8th & May 15th.
Taxes and service charge are included in the rates.
For larger less expensive group rates, kindly contact our Reservations Department at 877-709-8708 or via email email@example.com.
Snorkeling and diving extension tours to the islands and Caribbean coast, with or without a birdwatching component, are also available.