Family Holidays: Eco Summer Holiday Adventure in Belize with Reef and Rainforest Tours
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PR Log (Press Release) – Mar 23, 2010 – Reef & Rainforest Tours (Tel 01803 866965 www.reefandrainforest.co.uk) is offering the perfect educational summer holiday for families – The Eco Kids Summer Camp in Belize is the ultimate rainforest educational adventure with a week-long, hands-on programme focusing on the three “Rs”: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
Guided educational activities for children include:
• hiking to ancient Mayan sites to perform archaeological excavations
• horseback riding through jungle trails and studying medicinal flora
• trying out hands-on sustainable organic farming techniques
It’s not just work and no play – the extra-curricular activities include:
• song writing and talent show sessions
• story-telling around the campfire
• supervised water activities at Chaa Creek’s new swimming pool
Meanwhile, parents can choose simply to relax and feed their interest in the environment, culture, natural history and archaeology of Belize or, for the more active, options include hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, mountain biking and bird watching.
With vast areas of unspoilt rainforest, a friendly, English-speaking population and exemplary conservationist approach to its natural and Mayan cultural heritage, Belize is an excellent choice for a family holiday. Approximately 40 per cent of land is classified as protected, whilst the forests support a vast range of wildlife including five large cat species – margay, jaguarundi, ocelot, puma and jaguar. Bird life is also abundant with over 500 species recorded. Belize is a year round destination with July being a prime time for naturalists as the fresh rains brings out the wildlife.
The Reef & Rainforest Tours package costs £860 per adult and £595 per child, excluding international flights.
Children’s Summer Camp price includes:
• Lodging at the Macal River Camp
• All meals plus snacks three times a day
• Daily scheduling of educational events and guided tours with licensed naturalist guides
• Arts & craft materials
Parents’ rate includes:
• Airport transfers
• Accommodation next door to camp at The Lodge at Chaa Creek
• All meals
• Onsite activities
The Summer Camp can be taken on its own or combined with other locations in Belize such as the Barrier Reef for snorkelling and diving, either from a resort on Placencia, Ambergris Cay, or one of the beautiful coral islands which dot the reef.