Happy Thanksgiving from Chaa Creek
The staff and management of Chaa Creek are celebrating Thanksgiving today and wherever you are, if you’re reading this, you’re included in the many things we are taking the time out to give thanks for.
Yes, we thank people near and far who have been and continue to be part of our growth. You’re the reason why we’re here. Over the last 30 years Chaa Creek has evolved into a community that directly supports many Belizean families through our 130-plus employees, provides education and career opportunities and is able to have a positive effect on Belize through promoting responsible travel and initiatives such as the Chaa Creek Cares program.
“We couldn’t have done it without you” is not a cliché – it’s the truth.
There are many other things we’ll be giving thanks for over our Thanksgiving dinner reflection time:
- The sheer beauty and natural abundance of Belize
- The warm, friendly and giving neighbours and colleagues who encouraged us from the onset and continue to support Chaa Creek
- The many visitors who gave and continue to give us invaluable advice, support and goodwill over the years
- Our tourism partners who recognise and support Green, sustainable tourism
- Our immediate and extended family who do all the things families do – nourish, support, provoke, comfort, provide reality checks and most importantly, love
- And so much more
As you can see, we do have much to be thankful for, and sitting around the table with the rich smells of turkey and home cooked food we will be taking a moment to reflect on all this before enthusiastically picking up knife, fork and glass and celebrating Thanksgiving with our usual gusto.
And along with giving thanks we’ll also be sending out a wish for the guidance to do what we can to make the world a better place for those who have less and need help.
We also wish that all of you, wherever you are, will be sharing in the abundance of nature, friends and family, and like us, will recognise that while the world may not be perfect, there is still so much to be thankful for.