Rio on Pools – Natural and Spectacular Waterfalls in Belize
Rio on Pools are beautiful and spectacular waterfalls in the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve of Belize that features a wide, open expanse of pine forest, and small waterfalls that cascade over large granite rocks, ending in round pools connected by natural waterslides.
Below are some helpful hints to take into consideration before you visit these amazing waterfalls in Belize:
- Anyone can view these marvels of nature and take photos of the site regardless of their level of fitness.
- To access the pools and falls for swimming, you must either descend many stairs and then ascend them back up or take on a bit of a hike with the foot path.
- If you don’t want to tackle the steep and slippery hike back up from the pools, just bring your camera and enjoy the spectacular view.
- Once you are at the site, you can increase your adventure level by jumping from boulder to boulder to get to farther pools and falls.
- Bring Hat, towel, swimsuit, sunscreen, water, insect repellant, camera, and raingear if needed.
- Dress: Long pants and sturdy protective footwear — sleeve lengths are optional.
- Distance: Approximately 12 to 13 miles from San Ignacio Town
- Departure: Daily tours leave at 8:00 am
The Mountain Pine Ridge is located within 300 square miles of forest reserve and you will encounter an entirely different tropical ecosystem along with its unique flora and fauna. Orchids and ferns of many varieties grow abundantly throughout the pine forest while rare and endangered bird species such as the orange-breasted falcon and the king vulture may be sighted.
So if you want to get a reprieve from the heat in Belize consider visiting Rio on Pools water falls.
Tags: Belize All Inclusive, Belize Resorts, belize tours, belize travel tips, Belize Vacation, Belize Vacations, Mountain Pine Ridge in Belize, rio on pools belize, vacation belize, waterfalls in belize