Chaa Creek Celebrates Belize’s Reopening With Two Special Holiday Vacation Packages
It’s been a long and winding road, but Belize is on course to have the Philip Goldson International Airport reopen for overseas visitors on the first of October, 2020.
And here at Chaa Creek we’re celebrating with – among other things – two new holiday vacation packages guaranteed to excite, relax, and generally rejuvenate our guests with a combination of stunning natural surroundings and casually luxurious lodgings, amenities, and onsite activities.
Our annual Thanksgiving feast has been a staple for the Fleming family, our friends, neighbours and guests for over forty years now; starting back when Mick and Lucy wanted to celebrate their first harvest and thank their farming neighbours for the help, support and, yes, love, they were given ever since they first arrived at the overgrown citrus orchard that was to become Chaa Creek.
Chaa Creek’s Christmas Celebration also began as a simple family and friends affair that evolved to include more and more guests as Chaa Creek grew.
From Lucy’s homemade Christmas tree decorations, extra treats for the young ones, and Mick’s tractor sitting idle for a couple of days while friends and family hiked in to visit, the Chaa Creek Belize Christmas Vacation is now a lavish event that draws visitors from around the globe.
And now the gradual, careful reopening of tourism in Belize gives us even more reasons to give thanks and celebrate.
Why travel overseas to enjoy these traditional holidays, you may ask?
Here are a few reasons:
- As a former British Crown Colony with close ties to the US and Canada, Belize has a long tradition of celebrating Christmas and, increasingly, Thanksgiving.
- Chaa Creek’s all-inclusive Belize holiday vacation packages combine all the familiar trappings of Christmas and Thanksgiving with a unique, multicultural flavour.
- Many people are surprised to learn how close Belize is, and how easy it is to get to from North America. And, by extension, from the EU, UK, and other destinations.
- The Belize government and tourism industry members have worked tirelessly together to make Belize one of the world’s safest travel destinations. You can read more about those efforts here: https://www.chaacreek.com/covid19-updates
- As a nature-based tourism destination with a low population density, plenty of open spaces and fresh air continually refreshed by the Caribbean Sea and huge swaths of rainforest, Belize is inherently healthy.
- The Belize Tourism Board’s Tourism Gold Standard Recognition Program certifies resorts and hotels whose procedures and protocols ensure a safe and enjoyable visit from pickup to drop off at Belize’s international airport. And,
Chaa Creek and its Inland Expeditions transport and touring branch were some of the first organisations to be awarded Gold Standard Certification.
One of the requirements for certificationis a proven ability to provide a complete – and completely satisfying- vacation without guests needing to leave the resort’s property. For Chaa Creek, surrounded by a 400-acre private nature reserve on the banks of the Macal River, perfect for canoeing, and hiking and horseback riding along miles of well maintained, signposted trails, this was no problem.
And with a spacious pool, one of the country’s best restaurants (featuring farm-to-table dining courtesy of the onsite Maya Organic Farm), the Belize Hilltop Spa al fresco and in-room services, and attractions like the Belize Natural History Museum, Butterfly Farm ,and Maya Medicinal Plant Trail, Chaa Creek ticks all the boxes for an unforgettable holiday for families, couples, groups and individuals looking to do something new.
And considering how this year began, don’t you deserve to wind it down by treating you and yours to something wonderfully different?
Something that gets you out and about in pristine nature while enjoying the fabulous dining and comforts The Lodge at Chaa Creek has been providing for nearly forty years?
We think so.
After being confined for so long, we like to imagine the looks on certain faces when you say, “Guess where we’re going for the holidays?”
Let us help you make it happen.